Applications are now being accepted for TCES Net!!!
What is TCES Net?
TCES Net enables you, as TCES members, to apply for funding to run small networking events to:
- Maintain links and collaborative networks throughout the year
- Tell people in the community about the work you’re doing, and find out about research in other groups
- Engage with other stakeholders, including industrial partners and policy makers
- Disseminate your research to a wider audience – for example, school children and lay societies
What’s on offer and what are the conditions?
- We can fund up to £400 per meeting up to a maximum of three meetings per year
- These meetings must be held between September and May (i.e. not during the summer when the annual conference is held)
- They can centre on any focussed research theme relevant to TCES community – see here for our charter
- Registration must be free, but attendees are expected to cover the cost of their transport
- It is expected that meetings should last half a day
- Meetings open to all (and not just TCES members)
- Meetings must be badged and advertised as TCES Net meetings
How do I apply?
How are applications judged?
- The TCES committee will judge applications on several criteria:
- Organisation, planning and likelihood of attracting a significant number of attendees
- Potential impact beyond the TCES community
- Value for money – co-funding through industrial sponsorship is especially welcome
- Involvement of early career researchers (PhD and research fellows) in the application