Applications are now being accepted for TCES Net!!!
What is TCES Net?
TCES Net enables you, as TCES members, to apply for funding to run small networking events to:
- Maintain links and collaborative networks throughout the year
- Tell people in the community about the work you’re doing, and find out about research in other groups
- Engage with other stakeholders, including industrial partners and policy makers
- Disseminate your research to a wider audience – for example, school children and lay societies
What’s on offer and what are the conditions?
- We can fund up to £1000 per meeting up to a maximum of three meetings per year
- These meetings must be held between September and May (i.e. not during the summer when the annual conference is held, except in the rare occasion when the conference is held at another time)
- They can centre on any focussed research theme relevant to TCES community – see here for our charter
- Registration must be free, but attendees are expected to cover the cost of their transport
- It is expected that meetings should last half a day
- Meetings open to all (and not just TCES members)
- Meetings must be badged and advertised as TCES Net meetings
How are applications judged?
- The TCES committee will judge applications on several criteria:
- Organisation, planning and likelihood of attracting a significant number of attendees
- Potential impact beyond the TCES community
- Value for money – co-funding through industrial sponsorship is especially welcome
- Involvement of early career researchers (PhD and research fellows) in the application
How do I apply?
Copy the questions below into an email or word processing program and e mail details to Nick Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications are accepted year round, but calls are advertised on the TCES list.
Applications for TCES Net are now open. The deadline is Friday 2nd June 2023 and your event must be held between July 2023 and December 2023 (inclusive).
TCES Net Application Form
To apply to run your own TCES event, please paste the following questions into a document or the body of an e mail and return to email@example.com
Name(s) (Please indicate principle applicant)
What is the title of your TCES Net meeting? (Max 20 words)
Describe the primary purpose of your meeting (Max 200 words)
Briefly what activities you plan for your event and how you will organise it (Max 400 words)
Where will your event be held, and what local facilities are available? (Max 50 words)
What date will your event be held?
Do you have plans in place to co-fund this event? If so, how? (Max 200 words)