The Tissue and Cell Engineering Society (TCES) invites submissions for its 2018 Image Competition.
Entry to the competition is free, and is open to all TCES members with an active (paid) membership for the year.
Runner-up prize: £50
Submit images in a standard graphic format (jpg / tiff / png) with a MAXIMUM FILESIZE of 2 MB.
Submit your entries in an email to Emma Cooper (email@example.com) stating your:
3. A descriptive title – maximum of 150 words in plain English avoiding jargon
4. State ‘TCES IMAGE COMP’ in the email subject heading
Please note the Terms and Conditions below before submitting an entry.
The submission deadline is 23.59 (GMT) on the 25th of June 2018. (TCES reserves the right to extend the duration of the competition if necessary.)
Winners will be announced at the TCES 2018 Conference 2nd – 4th July in Keele.
Terms and Conditions
- Copyright of the entire image (before and after any manipulation) must be held by the entrant. TCES reserves the right to request confirmation of copyright.
- Entrant will retain copyright. TCES reserves the right to use all submitted photographs, including those not chosen to win prizes, in promotional materials without further permission from, or providing payment for use to, the photographer. Credit may be given to the photographer if reproduced.
- You represent and warrant to TCES that i) you are the sole and exclusive owner of your submission, or that you have all right and authority to grant the rights in the submission to TCES described herein; ii) you have obtained any and all releases necessary from all persons (or their legal guardians) depicted in the submissions.
- Images in public spaces do not require release from background people/subjects.
- Entrants must declare if images have been manipulated (e.g, modified in Photoshop)
- Entrants may submit up to three images.
- Images that do not conform to the image specifications will be rejected.
- Winning entrants may be required to supply their image in a high-resolution format for print and publicity purposes.
- Prints or images submitted by disc are not permitted.
- Submissions that, in the sole discretion of the judges, are considered inappropriate or unsuitable will be deemed ineligible and removed from the competition.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree for their images to be publicly displayed in online photo galleries (e.g. TCES website, Flickr and Facebook), in compliance with their user terms and conditions.
- By entering this competition, if your entry is deemed eligible, you consent to the use of your name, biographical information, winning entry and any statements attributed to you, or photographs of you taken subsequently, being used for promotional purposes without additional compensation to you. As such, you hereby grant to the TCES and any subsequently agreed official sponsor or sponsors a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to reproduce works based on your submission without any obligation to compensate you.
- TCES does not accept any liability for lost, damaged, delayed or incomplete entries.
- Entrant retains copyright of the image submitted but TCES request that they are advised before using the image for public viewing elsewhere to avoid conflicts of interest.